Tuesday 19 April 2016

Incendium Gets Creative

God is planning our story. 
This was the main feel I got from the Incendium cell on the 12th April 2016.

*Sarah Terry has written this lovely piece about our small group for 14-18s. The week she writes about we tried out some creative tasks to tune into God, discovered more about Him, and had a great time in the process!*


All the words of wisdom that were spoken from God were all so incredible and it meant so much to each person receiving them. When I walked into the room there were random objects in the centre of the floor. At first I thought someone had left a mess, but those random things played a special part in the evening. These objects were all so random but were used for discovery amazing words of wisdom. Objects like a key, a pen, a cup, some cards and a whiteboard rubber, so on and so forth. One of the cards was an Uno card. This, I found, represented that God is one and only. As I thought more about how God picked us out of the crowd for a purpose and that is really amazing how God chose us for a reason. Another thing that stayed in my mind was how we all got something different from the objects, which showed how one object can show one person one thing but to another person it can mean something completely different. 


I couldn't believe how much of God’s presence was in that room and how God spoke to each one of us whether it was one word or image we received or one we got for another person. I just felt God had His hand on us the minute we walked into that building.
For I know that young people today are put under a lot of pressure, whether that’s with GCSE’s, AS, A levels or even work. It is really hard to put in that special time with God, but by just surrounding yourself with people who share the same faith as you is a great way to be with God.
For I know with myself before I started attending Incendium cell I didn't have as much time with God. Incendium cell gave me a chance to have a rest from all of my studies, spend time with amazing and crazy friends that make you laugh until it hurts. It is also a great time to spend some time with God and take God's hand with prophecy and/or worship, also to grow in your faith and to watch other people grow too.
I can't wait to see what God has in store for us at Incendium cell this week.
God bless you and keep you xx 
 
Guest post written by Sarah Terry.

No comments:

Post a Comment